If you’re not familiar with matcha, it’s a Japanese green tea powder made from finely powdered dried tea leaves. It has a slightly bitter, veg taste and a vibrant green color that is glamorous.
Why are people changing to Matcha Tea?
- High in antioxidants: Antioxidants help stabilize harmful free radicals, which are compounds that can damage cells and cause chronic disease.
- May help protect the liver: An analysis of 15 studies revealed that drinking the beverage was connected to a lowered risk of liver diseases
- Boosts brain function: Researchers found that matcha caused improvements in attention, reaction time, and memory.
- May help prevent cancer: Matcha is especially high in epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a type of catechin that has been shown to have powerful anti-cancer properties.
- May promote heart health: Some studies have shown that drinking green tea, which has a similar nutrient profile to matcha, may help protect against heart disease, by decreasing bad cholesterol levels.
- Helps you lose weight: Green tea is well known for its ability to enhance weight loss. In fact, studies show that it may help speed up metabolism to increase energy expenditure and boost fat burning
- For more information click here.
Adding matcha tea to your healthy diet/ lifestyle is good for you to change and step one step further into your detox journey. That way you promote your body cleaning from all toxins.
Some matcha recipes.